|The Man of Steel, born in the state that, uh, uses steel to, um, make cars...okay, this is a horrible analogy|
Here we go:
1. Cain's birth name is Dean George Tanaka. His parents later divorced, and he was adopted by his mother's new husband, Christopher Cain.
2. His stepfather is a film director who helmed the movie "Young Guns" as well as "The Next Karate Kid" (the one with Hillary Swank).
3. Cain moved with his family to Malibu when he was three years old (so he's no longer a Michigan resident, but we won't hold that against him).
4. He attended Princeton, and dated Brooke Shields.
5. He was a free agent with the Buffalo Bills, but injured himself during training camp, effectively ending his football career.
6. One of Cain's early acting roles was "Guy in Doritos Ad Who Likes Cheese." Check it out, around 17 seconds in. (I apologize for all the Jay Leno you'll see in this commercial):
7. Cain's latest gig will be his turn as host of Spike TV's "10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty," in which teams of big game hunters compete against each other to locate the mythical beast. The show will debut in January 2014.
I don't think I can top that last one, so I'll stop while I'm ahead. Happy 47th, Dean! We're proud to call you a Michigander!